Saturday, May 5, 2012

Field Day

Today was Handley's first ever field day!  I was excited to get to volunteer for the day and be there with her.  Unfortunately, when I woke up and heard the rain I was worried that the days events might just be cancelled and I knew it would be a major disappointment for Handley.  However, they moved the games indoors so the fun still got to go on.  I was helping at the sack races and Handley's group got to us as their last station.  I could only catch glimpses of her at the other stations, but I loved what I saw.  She was giggling with friends, having fun with all the activities (three legged races, hoola-hoop hopping, ring-toss, etc.) and displaying a friendly, competitive spirit that reassures me that she is turning into a confident and independent little lady.



She was SO fast at the sack race. 
It actually ended up sunny by afternoon, so after lunch the kids went outdoors for the water part of their field day.  They turned on the sprinkler system on the ball field and let the kids just have at it.  Oh my word did they have fun!  I wish I would have video taped because it was so simple, but the squeals and screams coming from all the kids were just precious.




2 comments:

Stefanie said...

That picture of Handley in the sac race cracks me up. She was taking it very seriously. I hope she won at that speed ;)

Julie, the mama said...

I LOVE all the pictures, and reading about field day brought back a flood of memories for me. Sweet, sweet times for these little girls of ours!