Friday, April 1, 2011

Sister Sleepover

This week we've been busy with a whole lot of nothing.  The girls have been keeping themselves entertained playing indoors due to the constant rain and have come up with all sorts of new antics.  One thing they like to play regularly is Mommy and Baby.  One of them is the Mommy and one is the Baby.  It's pretty funny to listen to them stay in character for long periods of time.  It often confuses me because I'll hear "Mommy" and answer them, only to have one of them tell me, "no, she's talking to me...I'm the Mommy"

This afternoon they both found Handley's bathing suits, put them on and pretended they were going swimming to the lake.  I love that their imaginations are so creative and elaborate.  And I also love that they are so sweet to each other.  When Harper woke up from her nap the only thing she cared about was getting to where Handley was.  When I brought her downstairs she sleepily climbed up on the couch as Handley said, "Come here Harper, come cuddle with me while you wake up good."  It's little encounters such as this, that makes me so happy.

This evening Robby came home early, which is always a nice surprise and the girls were thrilled.




After playing outside for a little bit we convinced him to take us to Zaxby's for dinner to get a "birthday cake" milkshake.  Zaxby's had these milkshakes about a year ago and they are so yummy.  Earlier this week I saw a sign that they were back at Zaxby's and I've been thinking about it ever since.  If you haven't tried one...you should!

When we got home it was time for bed and earlier in the day the girls had talked about having a sister sleepover in Handley's bed.  Handley has been wanting to sleep in Harper's room on the trundle since she got her new bed, and although Harper has been all for it during the day, when bedtime rolls around she decides she doesn't want Handley in there.  For some reason Harper was more interested in sleeping in Handley's bed tonight and she actually went through with it.

Just before going to bed
I wasn't sure she would actually go to sleep in there.  After being called back in Handley's room several times because, as Handley said, Harper was talking to much and bouncing around, I decided to lay down with them to help her calm down.  She was just SO exited to be in there with "Ree-Ree" that she had a constant chatter of singing, talking, and wiggling for at least 30 minutes.  Next thing I knew, Robby was waking me up an hour later because we'd all fallen asleep in there.  :-)  I snuck back in to take a picture because Harper was sprawled out across Handley, but they were both sleeping soundly.
You can't see Harper's head, but those are her legs draped over Handley.
We'll see how the rest of the night goes, but I know they'll both be thrilled in the morning!

5 comments:

Julie, the mama said...

Sweetest blog post ever. You know I just think they are two of the prettiest little girls I have ever seen in my life, and I love reading about their little adventures so much. But this kind of story - the kind that shows how much they LOVE each other - just melts my heart more than any other. And that picture is surely to be a treasure to both of them forever. Won't be long until there are three little monkeys in one bed!

Erica said...

How cute! I can't wait until Bonnie is old enough to have sleepovers with Gracie. Grace asks all the time, but it's going to be several more months...

Loved the dentist visit story, too. Our hygienist also calls that suction thing Mr. Thirsty.

Alison LeBlanc said...

That is incredibly sweet.

Jason, Erin, Ella, and Colin said...

The picture of them sleeping together is ADORABLE!!!

Samantha said...

Awwww!