Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Recap of our week so far...

Handley seemed a little off on Sunday, but a I just wrote it off to a busy weekend and really didn't think much off it. Monday morning I went with her class on their "walking field trip" to the Smyrna Library.  While they were there they had a storytime and a tour of the library.  She had fun, but wasn't acting like herself.  



I was happy I got to go with her and so glad that Christy was sweet enough to watch Harper for me.  She had a blast with Jake and Reece (as always) and was so happy to get to have some playtime with them.


Monday afternoon Handley kept telling me that "inside her mouth" hurt, but I didn't think anything of it.  Finally she was able to articulate later that night that it was her throat that hurt.  That was also the first thing she said to me Tuesday morning so we all got dressed, ate a quick breakfast and sat in rush hour traffic so that we could get to the pediatrician's office before the walk-in sick hours were over.  She was acting like herself, happy and playing, so I was kind of surprised when the strep test they gave her came back positive.  She was happy to get a popsicle to help her throat feel better, but devastated to learn that we couldn't go to playgroup and that she couldn't see her friends for 24 hours.  

Yesterday afternoon she and Harper played, ran around outside and I really never would have known that she was sick.  Same was true today...she feels fine and told me that her throat doesn't hurt anymore. So happy it was short lived.


This morning we ran some errands and then met Jen and Parker for lunch at the Dwarf House Chick-fil-a.  That little red door was the main attraction of the day.  Both of them went in and out of it about 15 times!


Currently I'm watching the weather reports and happy that it doesn't look too bad for our are, but I'm prepared for the worst.  With all of the tornado damage that has occurred today in Alabama I'm not messing around.  I've got blankets, waters, the girls' bike helmets and a flashlight by the basement door, just in case.

No comments: