Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Playgroup Easter Party

After a morning at the zoo, we were off to our neighborhood playgroup's Easter party.  Sarah's mom and nanny do a WONDERFUL job of throwing this party each year.  The girls were so excited to have their first egg hunt of the season.


Most of the kids before the hunt began
Handley and I kept explaining to Harper what she had to do and she seemed to understand.  By the time they started hunting for eggs, she took off and had no trouble keeping up.





 After all the eggs were collected, it was time for a little playing and some face painting!





Next, we moved up onto the deck so the kids could all paint bird houses.  I got Harper's paint smock on, went to help Handley with hers and when I turned around I saw Harper painting her face!  AHH!!!  I couldn't believe it and everyone started laughing.  I guess because she had just had her face painted by someone else, she figured that now it was her turn.  I quickly got her cleaned up and specified that this paint was for the bird houses, not for her face.



When all the painting was done it was time for yummy snacks and goodies.  These kiddos sure are lucky to have such wonderful experiences.  A BIG thanks to Jessica, Jennifer and Sarah for having us today!!!


***Be sure to see the post below about our trip to the zoo today.***

2 comments:

Renee said...

What a cute party! I am so interested to see what Hudson is going to look like because the girls each have their own looks!

Erica said...

Sounds like a really fun, full day! That Easter party looks like it was tons of fun, and a trip to the zoo, too? I don't know where you get all your energy, girl. I don't have that in me not pregnant! :-)

We can't wait to play again after we get over all this illness.