Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Pink Pig and SANTA!!!!!


Today was a big day for us!  It was our annual trip to ride the Pink Pig.  We went with some of our playgroup friends and had a ball.  When we first arrived Handley and Avery were comparing and complementing each other's dresses, shoes and tights.


Then it was time to ride.  It was VERY cold today, so everyone stayed bundled, but that didn't stop us from having fun.  Harper was a little reluctant to ride, but once we got going she had lots of fun too.








After the the ride it was time to visit Santa Claus.  Handley has been talking about this moment for weeks now.  We'd done a lot to prepare for our visit.  She made her list last week and probably asked me at least 10 times this morning if I remembered to bring it with me.  Her "list" includes: hula hoop, tools, toe nail polish, scooter, and a cash register.




The girls also had a "Be Merry" Badge to show Santa.  It explained that they were good girls and gave specific instances of nice things they had done.  If anyone plans to visit Santa at Lenox, check this out: Be Merry Santa. Our friendly Elf on a Shelf, Elfie, brought the girls their badges this morning, straight from Santa himself.  (The orange circles you see them holding are their badges.  Santa gave them a special sticker for it and a Christmas silly band).

Handley walked right up and climbed onto Santa's lap.  She showed him her badge, her list, and began telling him that she had been a good girl.


I wasn't sure if Harper would go without a fight or not, but I asked her if she wanted to go give Santa her badge and she walked right up to him.  She didn't smile, but she didn't cry, so I consider that a success.  She was very interested in just looking at him.  Handley made sure to tell Santa just what Harper would like for Christmas too.  They both walked off with Candy Canes and big smiles.  I was SO happy.  Santa was so special and so sweet to the girls. He spent lots of individual time withe each child, listening to their requests, and even reminded them to be sure to leave milk and cookies for him on Christmas Eve.



6 comments:

Alison LeBlanc said...

That Santa sounds (and looks) great! I am think I am going to let another year slide without a visit. Finnan is pretty wary of strangers...of course, maybe Santa is not a stranger :)

Stefanie said...

That is too cute!

Jason, Erin, Ella, and Colin said...

We must have missed you buy hours. We were there too today!! Unfortunately, our Santa picture has me in it (wish I would have fixed my hair--haha)

Julie, the mama said...

Y'all are killing me with these Pink Pig posts. I wish Priscilla would drive on up here and take me back to GA for a few days. Looks like y'all are all having a blast this holiday season!

Renee said...

I love the Santa pics!!

Kathy Mills said...

PRECIOUS!