Friday, December 3, 2010

Christmas dresses and our decorated tree

Since just after Thanksgiving I've been dressing the girls in Christmas clothes every day.  They also have been wearing their Christmas PJ's so the other night as they were putting them on Handley told me, "We should get out my Christmas panties."  I just laughed out loud.  We're getting out everything else Christmas related...why not panties too! HA!

Today we got a very special delivery in the mail from Mimi (my mom).  It was the girls' Christmas dresses that she's been slaving over.  I SO appreciate that my mom not only knows how to smock, but that she makes time in her very busy schedule to make them dresses.  She also included a very special note.

Tonight we decorated our Christmas tree and the girls had so much fun going through the ornaments and deciding which ones should go where.  We don't have a designer tree, but rather one that holds ornaments from mine and Robby's childhoods, trips we have taken, special ornaments that have been gifts for the girls, and of course the hand-made ornaments.  It's like a walk down memory lane when we decorate our tree.

7 comments:

Jason, Erin, Ella, and Colin said...

The dresses are ADORABLE, and the tree looks great:) We had a lot of fun with you guys today!

Atkinson Family said...

Such a sweet post and those dresses! Your Mom is so talented, I think that is where you get it from!

Alison LeBlanc said...

Love the dresses and the tree!

Julie, the mama said...

There she goes again....your mama is AWESOME!!! Love those dresses. Especially love that they are GREEN. They will show up so good on Santa's lap!

And that tree is simply LOVELY.

Pulling out Christmas ornaments is one of my all time favorite things to do, too!

Erica said...

I love the dresses and you mom's note is just the sweetest.

Samantha said...

So pretty -- the dresses and the tree!

Unknown said...

They look so pretty!! I loved getting Christmas dresses, thanks for sharing such a wonderful blog!!


Christmas Holiday Dresses