Monday, December 6, 2010

Overdressed

The original outfit Handley had picked out last night to wear to school didn't quite appeal to her as much this morning.  Instead she wanted to wear a different Christmas dress she found in her closet.  She told me, "Everyone will think I look so cute in this dress." Who was I to complain.  And, because I like for them to somewhat match or coordinate and because they have tons of Christmas outfits to wear and only a short amount of time to wear them, I decided to dress Harper up too.  They may have been a little overdressed for a regular ol' Monday, but who cares when they look this cute.

These two are inseparable these days.  They are so sweet to each other and play together SO well. It makes my heart happy.  Just when I think they can't be come better friends, they do.  Handley is constantly watching out for Harper, teaching her how to do things, and being a loyal big sister.  Harper adores Handley, asks about her every few minutes when she is at school, and tries to copy everything she does. This weekend they were so funny together. Handley comes up with some very elaborate scenes that they act out (such as going to Kindergarten on the bus, going on a hunt and hiding from coyotes or taking their babies on an airplane trip).  Harper just goes along with whatever Handley tells her to do and is just happy to be included.  

2 comments:

Allison D said...

Oh my! That is a funny story about Handley. You have just got to love having girls who like to dress up!

So sweet that they love each other so much!

Julie, the mama said...

I don't know how I missed this post, but I am so glad I went back and found it! I'm with you on the matching outfits. It just plain doesn't get any more adorable.

And that quote from Handley sounded just like something Hendley would say! :-)