Monday, December 20, 2010

Gingerbread House

After such a busy weekend I had planned for a day at home today.  The biggest event we were looking forward to was decorating our gingerbread house.  Wouldn't you know that my plan of us staying in our PJ's at least half the day was spoiled when I opened the box to find the "pre-assembled" house crushed and crumbled into pieces.  Well darn.  Handley started pouting because she really, really wanted to decorate the gingerbread house.  We all got dressed and headed to Wal-Mart to exchange our crumbled mess for one that was still "pre-assembled."

When we got home we got to work.   I was impressed with how well the girls did.  Handley was very precise in her placement of the candy, while Harper intentionally got the icing on her hands so she could lick it off.  I can't believe that this was the first time we'd ever done a gingerbread house, but we'll definitely be doing it again.  They both had a lot of fun and were proud of the final product.  





5 comments:

Atkinson Family said...

Great pics and I love how you used the platter. I hope you girls are enjoying the week of no school. It seems like forever since we have had them all to ourselves. I also loved the pictures from their sleepover. They always do such fun things!

Erica said...

I bought one of those, too...hopefully it won't be crushed when we finally get around to opening it.

The girls did a great job decorating!

Stefanie said...

So cute!!! They did a great job!

Julie, the mama said...

oh gosh, CB...can I just send mine down to your house to do a gingerbread house next year??? For whatever reason, it just seems so overwhelming to me. Even the pre-made ones!

I think Handley might have a future as a decorator one day. It turned out darling.

Jennifer said...

Definitely worth the trip back, it looks so good! :) I am on Harper's side...I think I would have gone the same route. :)