Monday, December 27, 2010

More Christmas celebrations

The day after Christmas is always when we get together with my extended families to celebrate Christmas. We started the morning with my Dad's side of the family.  We went to my grandmother's house, enjoyed lunch, catching up with cousins, and opening gifts.  My grandmother gave us all serving pieces that had belonged to our great-grandmother.  VERY special and I'm so happy to have them.



After a quick nap we went to my cousin's house to celebrate with my mom's side of the family.  Last year we started a tradition of providing Christmas gifts a few needy families instead of exchanging gifts and I love being able to help make Christmas special for those who would otherwise not be so lucky.


The evening ended at my grandmother's house. Most of my aunts, uncles, and cousins stopped by to visit with my Grandmother who is battling cancer.  I'm sure it was a lot for her to have all of us there at one time, however, I know she enjoyed getting to see all of her kids, grandkids, and great-grandkids in her home at Christmas.  Handley kept everyone entertained by singing Christmas carols and Harper charmed everyone with her sweet smile.



Handley also had fun going around taking pictures of everyone with my camera.  She told them all it would be on the blog...so here is a sampling of the ones she took.



3 comments:

Atkinson Family said...

Great pictures! Love them! Looks like you all had a wonderful time, gifts and family! I hope you are resting and enjoying your visit with your parents. Your Mom looks so pretty in the pictures on this post :) I also love the loot pictures and Handley's new scrubs! Can't wait to play when you get home!

Jennifer said...

Looks like such an awesome Christmas! The girls look like they are having so much fun! Tell your family hi for me and I hope you have a great week up in N.C.!

I love that Handley likes getting behind the camera. Haha, tell her anytime she is ready to work I have a spot open for her. :)

Julie, the mama said...

I'm impressed with your little photographer.

I love that y'all made the rounds to celebrate Christmas. Having a big family is SO fun!