Thursday, December 16, 2010

Christmas fun

I can't believe it has been over a week since I blogged.  You would think it might be because I've had nothing to report, but actually, quite it's been quite the opposite.  We have be SO incredibly busy preparing for and participating in all of our Christmas activities that I really haven't had much time.

This week was packed full of fun.  We had several parties with tons of cute Christmas activities.  First was the party at one of our neighbors houses. They had crafts, food, and the kids even got to make "Magic Reindeer Food" (made of oats, brown sugar, cheerios, popcorn and glitter) to spread on our lawn Christmas Eve.  



Yesterday Handley's class had a birthday party for Jesus.   When I asked her about it on the way home said said,  "Mommy, it was such a special party that we had cake...Cheetos...and SPRITE!!!!!!!  I just can't believe I ever had Sprite at school!"  Sprite is a big deal in our house and something she has only had a handful of times, so you can imagine her excitement when she got to have it at Jesus' birthday party!

This morning was her school Christmas Party.  It was a Gingerbread Man theme.  The kids performed a few Christmas carols for us and then got to partying!  They had lunch, listen to the story of the gingerbread man, and then decorated gingerbread man cookies and made a gingerbread man craft.  Handley enjoyed me being at the party with her and did a fantastic job ringing her bell with enthusiasm during their rendition of "Jingle Bells." For a video of Jingle Bells click HERE.



This afternoon a few of the neighborhood moms put on a party for our old (and too huge to hold anymore) playgroup.  There were over 20 kids and all their parents at our clubhouse.  Santa even showed up!  Watch THIS VIDEO of Handley, Harper and their friends jumping up and down with excitement when he arrived.  He passed out a gift to each child and my girls were very happy with their Princess CD player (Handley) and singing/talking phone (Harper).

These little girls just love each other so much! 

Showing off their crafts






2 comments:

Julie, the mama said...

ok, Harper in that video made my heart so happy I just teared up. Did you see that IN AWE look on her face at the end of that video??? Good gracious. That girl is something else. And had I not seen that, I would have gone on and on and on about Handley's face at the beginning of the video. PRECIOUS.

LOVED seeing my sweet Avery in there, too.

Y'all live in THE BEST neighborhood in all of Georgia. I am convinced.

When/If we ever move back, I'm moving in right beside y'all!

Merry, merry Christmas to your sweet family.

Erica said...

Your neighborhood seriously knows how to throw a party. Wow! And Santa showing up is just the frosting on the cake.

Cute videos, too! Handley did a great job ringing those bells, and Harper's face was definitely priceless when she saw Santa.

We'd love to get together next week. It's been too long!