Friday, June 25, 2010

Squeaky Shoes

This week I got Harper her first pair of real shoes. She's been wearing the soft soled Robeez, but now that she is really walking everywhere and a lot sturdier I figured it was time.  I decided on a pair of squeaky shoes for her.  Handley had a pair when she was Harper's age and just loved them. I had hoped that Harper would fit into Handley's old ones, but her foot is a little bigger so we got her a brand new pair.  


When I first tried them on her she started crying and wasn't too sure.  That didn't last long though.  Now every time she sees them she sits down and holds her foot up so that I'll put them on her.  These shoes might seem annoying to some people, but they just make me happy to hear her squeaking around.  I just love them and she does too. :-)   



*** NOTE: The squeakers can be removed, which is a good thing because Harper will be wearing these shoes to my cousin's wedding this weekend and I'd hate for her to be squeaking around during an event like that. ***

We've been having a great week, but nothing too exciting has been going on.  We've spent lots of time at the pool, which wears both girls out.  Yesterday Handley slept until 9:30 AM!  That girl has the life.  This weekend we are attending my cousin's wedding and I am so excited about seeing all of my extended family.  I have been meaning to post these pics for a week now.  Both girls have closets full of pink, but I love little girls in blue and loved that they were really admiring the flowers on our front porch so I had to grab my camera and snap a few pics. 


1 comment:

Julie, the mama said...

Those pictures are just darling. Harper must have just gone through a growth spurt or something, because she is looking so mature in the last few posts. You definitely have two gorgeous little girls at your house.

(And I love squeaky shoes, too!)