Monday, June 21, 2010

Father's Day and 3 year check-up

We spent Father's Day weekend at the lake and had a great time.  Handley was excited to give Robby his gift and the picture she made for him.  She even sang "Happy Father's Day" to the tune of Happy Birthday.  Harper got to have her first ride on the tube and loved it!  

Today was Handley's 3 year check-up.  She gained 5 lbs and grew 3 inches in 1 year!  She did great and was so excited about going to the doctor.  She also was happy when she found out she was getting a shot.  That is how much she loves band-aides.  


Here are her stats: 
height- 38.5 inches (75th percentile)  
weight- 31 pounds (75th percentile) 

When we left she got to get a token to use in the prize machine and chose a bouncy ball as her treat.  She carried it around with her for the rest of the afternoon and was so proud of her band-aide too.  She's having a sleep over with Gigi and Papa tonight. When we got there to drop her off Harper and I stayed around to play and visit for a little bit.  Handley came up to me after about 30 mins. and asked me why I wasn't going home.  She told me she liked it best when it was just she and Gigi.  I guess that was my cue to leave. Ha!  

2 comments:

Julie, the mama said...

Bill has been pitching a fit for years for us to get a boat. I've resisted, but every single time I see one of your posts about the lake, I start wanting a boat myself. So fun!

I can't believe how long Harper's hair is getting. It is gorgeous! And Handley loving the doctor like that must be sooooo nice. For whatever reason, Hendley has developed a STRONG aversion to anything medical all of a sudden. I'm already dreading her 4 year check up and she isn't even 3 1/2 yet!

Erica said...

So glad y'all had a nice weekend! Grace did the exact same thing with the Father's Day song to the tune of Happy Birthday. Too funny!

I love the stats, too...they're getting to be such big girls!