Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Little Stinker

We've enjoyed the past two days at the pool and despite my best efforts to plaster the girls in sunscreen, their tan legs and arms against their white little hineys are proof that we have been spending lots of time there.  I'm seriously amazed by the difference in Handley.  Yesterday during her last swim lesson she was getting toys off the bottom of the pool and today was begging me to help her swim with her floaties off so she could get dive toys, touch the bottom of the pool and do "froggie jumps" and swim to the wall by herself.  What a difference a few weeks makes.  


This evening while the girls were playing after dinner and I was trying to clean up a little.  Handley came running to get me and said, "Mommy, come and see. You won't believe what Harper is doing."  When I followed her I found Harper in their bathroom doing her new favorite thing.  She is obsessed with standing in the step-stool, opening the drawer, and playing with the hair clips and rubber bands that are in there.  She likes to sneak away every chance she gets to do this.  Every time I sneak up on her she'll look at me innocently, hold a clip up to her head and say, "bow" (what she calls bows or hair clips).  


As I was cleaning up the clips off the floor and counter and trying to distract Harper with another activity Handley just smiled and said, "She sure is a little stinker" (Handley's new favorite line anytime Harper does something she probably shouldn't) and she was so right.  She is a little stinker and love her for it. 

1 comment:

Julie, the mama said...

ok, this swim lesson breakthrough has given me such hope. I hesitated to put Hendley in anything until we move for fear she would forget everything she learned while we got settled...BUT as soon as we get to VA, I am signing her up for some lessons. It has to be so comforting to see Handley's progress.

And the "little stinker" is surely mighty adorable.