Friday, December 18, 2009

Nothing like home-made oranments

There is nothing like home-made ornaments on a Christmas tree.  :-) 

I can say I proudly have 3 cute home-made ornaments on my tree right now.  I've had visions of having a perfectly decorated Christmas tree with matching ornaments and decorations, but then where would I put the adorable hand-made ornaments that Handley makes at school?  I remember decorating our Christmas tree as a child and how my brothers and I would pull out the hand-made ornaments we'd made over the years and proudly hang them on our tree.  I saw that same feeling today as Handley proudly hung her ornaments on our tree.  

Today was Handley's pre-school Christmas party.   She was excited when she walked in the classroom and saw me and all the decorations.  

I love seeing her in the classroom environment and getting a sneak peak at how she interacts with her classmates and teachers.  Let me just tell you...seeing and hearing 11 cute little 2-year-olds say their blessing, God is Great, before they ate their lunch was just about the sweetest thing ever.  
The kids saying their blessing

The kids had pizza for lunch, decorated sugar cookies, and then completed a few crafts. 

She came home with lots of art projects and a few ornaments she'd made as gifts for us. 


I can't believe that half the school year is over already! She is so happy at school and squeals with excitement each morning that we arrive.  I feel so lucky that she's in a great school, with wonderful caring teachers, and sweet classmates.  

3 comments:

Mrs. Nicole Haddad said...

So cute! I can't wait for Lucas to make us homemade goodies.

Katie Jones said...

I almost made that snowman handprint ornament with my kindergartners this year ... seeing how cute Handley's is, I wish I had! It all looks great!

Kathy Mills said...

I LOVE it!! I too am looking forward to a tree filled with handmade ornaments. Marlee is so proud of hers too:-)