Tuesday, December 29, 2009

Christmas in Wilmington

After opening all of our gifts on Christmas morning we loaded up around lunchtime and started the drive to Wilmington to see my family.  I'd been dreading the 7 hour car drive for months, but thankfully the girls were GREAT in the car and I had worried for nothing.  Both Handley and Harper were excited to see Mimi and Dadaw! 

The day after Christmas we got together with the Musser crew (and by crew I mean over 30 people).  It was so much fun to see everyone and I hate that we couldn't have longer to visit.  This year instead of drawing names and exchanging gifts like we had in the past we decided to adopt a family and help some people less fortunate than us have a special Christmas.  I love this idea and hope we continue this new tradition.  

Blythe (my cousin's daughter) and Handley
Memaw and Harper
After we got back to my parents on Saturday night, we got the girls to bed, put on our PJ's and had Christmas with my parents.  It was fun this year because Stefanie (my brother's wife) was joining us for Christmas for the first time.  We laughed a lot that night and everyone had "fun" showing off their new gifts. 







Lastly we rounded out the weekend getting together with the Spivey's.  I really wish we could have stayed longer, but I sure did enjoy the time we had together.



1 comment:

Jennifer said...

Love all the Christmas pics! I hope all the grandparents liked their books!