Monday, January 12, 2009

Science Experiment

Yesterday Handley was invited to a friend's birthday party. She received a fun little goodie bag and inside was a small rubber duck. The package said if you put the duck in water, it would magically grow to be a full size bath toy! I thought it would be a fun science experiment for us to document and watch how the duck grows each day. It claims to grow up to 600% in size, so I'm not really sure how big it will get?!?!? The directions said it could take up to 10 days to grow to full size, so stick around to see the outcome...


The duck size before we put it in water (about 1 1/2 inches tall)

In goes ducky for a swim


Handley checking him out


And just for laughs, this is now one of the faces Handley gives me when I ask her to smile...lovely.

1 comment:

Katie Jones said...

I think the duck will grow in relation to the size of the container... I heard at a Science Workshop at my school last year that, if you put them in a guest bathtub or something that you don't have to drain, they get huge! That guy could've been lying to me, though.

I love the old-man-with-no-teeth smile! Katie Anne's got some wierd "cheese" faces, too.