Monday, January 19, 2009

My two favorite rooms...

in our house are now Handley's and Harper's nurseries. One of my favorite things about being pregnant is getting to create a nursery!


My parents were here over the weekend and helped us get SO much done. We painted furniture, hung a chandelier and lots of stuff on the walls, and got everything put together in the room.
(this is the corner where the glider will be)

We were very grateful that some family friends gave us the crib they were no longer using. (Thank you Jeff, Tessa, and Paxton!!!) Also, my parents still had the changing table/dresser combo that they used for my brothers and I when we were babies, so we saved a TON of money by not having to purchase those big items. Because both pieces of furniture were in great shape, but not the color we had planned to buy, we decided to paint them to match and coordinate with the room. They turned out great.

Robby and a good friend worked on the walls a few weeks ago. They did the grid and shelf and Robby painted the walls with the stripe. Didn't they do a great job?!?

I sewed all of the bedding and curtains and made all of the accessories (including the lamp shade, wall letters, plaque, trash can, etc.). We're still waiting on the glider that will fill up the empty corner. It is brown with tiny pink polka-dots and I know it will match just perfectly.

Handley has been quite fascinated with Harper's nursery. The fact that there is a crib, changing table, bows and trash can directly across the hall from her keeps her amused. She'll walk in the room, point to Harper's trash can and say, "trash can," then go into her room and point to hers while saying, "Handley's trash can." It's sweet to see her try to figure out what's going on here.

Today I had my 28 week dr. apt. and everything looks great. My dr. did an ultrasound and it looks like Harper is right at the 50% for size and that she is growing right on track. He flipped it into 3-D mode and I got to see her sweet little face. She looks like a cutie already!

9 comments:

Kathy Mills said...

What a beautiful room! You did such a wonderful job!

Unknown said...

Oh CB, I big puffy heart her room! You guys did a great job! You are officially hired as my decorator for my future children. :) Everything is so precious!

Katie Jones said...

It looks so great! I love all the stuff you made... all those little handmade touches really make it personal. My favorite is the sign!

Stacey said...

Wow. You should get a job on HGTV. Instead, next time I need a room made-over, I'm paying you to do it. It all looks amazing.

Renee said...

Those rooms are gorgeous!!

Renee said...

Hey! Send me an email and I will let you know where the Gymnastics Academy is...edwards0219@gmail.com.

Kathy Mills said...

Marlee loves "Hanney" and "Hopper's" rooms!

Anonymous said...

so cute!!!

ReensPorchSale said...

Hello there...I stumbled upon your blog and love to see the 2 nurseries picture..You did an awesome job.Superb