Friday, July 11, 2008

Got Milk?


I'm trying to get Handley to drink whole milk now that she's weaned from nursing, but she is resisting a little. I think it is just such a different taste for her and will take some getting used to. I've been giving her two sippy cups with her meals (one with water and one with milk). Hopefully she'll learn to like it, but I'm just not making a big deal about it. When I give her milk, she usually takes a sip and decides to reach for her water cup instead. Sometimes she goes back and forth between the two. I thought these pictures were funny...she keeps one cup in each hand, just in case she changes her mind.

My little secret to get her to drink some milk: a little bit of sugar and vanilla extract...yummy! She thinks she's drinking a milkshake. (Thanks for the tip, Tessa!)

4 comments:

Amy said...

I thought the homemade popsicles sounded yummy and a great idea too then I continued reading and will learn from you not to try this.

I can also relate to making food for Colby but not for us.

Any tips for weaning? My parents are keeping him the first week I go back to work and I was just going to go cold turkey!

Nicole and Jeff said...

This little story is TOO cute. I thought that it was a great idea too! (until I kept reading) In all the parenting magazines, there are recipes for pops and all different things..the truth is told!
Handley is such a happy little thing. Does she ever NOT smile?! I love it.

Nicole and Jeff said...

Amy~
The pic of you and Colby is TOO cute...you need to create a Blog too!

Anonymous said...

i love it...thanks for hosting the reunion. what a fun day!