Monday, July 31, 2017

First Day of School!!!

Today was the first day of school and the kids were all beyond excited.  I was even feeling pretty excited and anxious. SO much so that I didn't sleep very well at all.  Thankfully, the adrenaline got everyone up this morning with no problems. 

All weekend Hudson had been saying that he was nervous or scared about school because he didn't know anyone, but he also was very excited and couldn't wait for the first day.  I was happy that his excitement won over this morning and he couldn't wait to get to school.  



I'm driving them in the morning due to a very early bus time and they will ride the bus home. 


I felt totally OK sending him into the school because Handley's hallway is very close to his room so I knew she would make sure he got there OK!  


When Handley started elementary school I was a nervous wreck.  We didn't know a single soul at that school. No neighbors, no friends, no teachers, no one! With Hudson though, we know tons of people, I know he'll have people looking out for him, and he's comfortable at the school.  I'm just sad because my baby is growing up. 

I felt a little sad when I watched him walk in the school, but did much better than I was expecting...until I ran into a friend later that day and then it hit me and the tears came.  

All day I kept wondering how they were all doing and hoping it was a great first day.  Thankfully, I kept myself busy and before I knew it, it was time to head to the bus stop.  

They were all smiles hopping off the bus and Hudson came up and gave me a huge hug.  They all had great days and couldn't wait to tell me all about their days.  From the sound of it, everyone loves their teachers and their new class.  They each gave me a play by play and Handley told me she gets to lunch just as Hudson's class is leaving and that he was so excited to see her today. 




Handley thinks her teacher is going to be tied for her very favorite ever, Harper loves her class and Hudson said Kindergarten was better than he was expecting, just very long.  I think we're off to a great start this school year and can't wait to see all of the wonderful things this year holds!


No comments: