Wednesday, August 23, 2017

Montana Ranch Trip

 A few weeks ago Robby and I got to go on an adult only trip to Montana where we stayed on a ranch and had the very best time ever!  My mom came in town to keep the kids and before we left we spent a morning hiking at our favorite trails.



 When we arrived in Montana we were greeted by ranch workers on horseback and given all sorts of great gear like these hats!


During our time there we go to try some really amazing activities and our first one was clay shooting. I'd never even shot a gun before, but I must have had beginners luck, because I ended up doing really well!  


Robby did great and even won the award for our group for hitting the most!



We also got to ride ATV's, do some archery, some mountain biking, hiking and more, but my very favorite activity from the week was when we got to go on a cattle drive!  It was seriously such a cool experience.  

After a short lesson on how to properly ride a horse we headed out to the pasture and moved a heard of cattle from one part of the ranch to another.  I couldn't believe we were out there!  It was so much fun and I could have done it every day if we got the chance.  I felt like a real cowgirl!




 It was so nice to get away and spend some time together and really enjoy the slower pace and simpler life on a ranch!  The whole time we kept saying how much we thought the kids would enjoy it so I'm hoping to plan a dude ranch trip for our family in the next few years!


No comments: