Wednesday, August 23, 2017

Total Eclipse!!!

We survived the total eclipse! It was the talk of the town leading up to the big event and we couldn't believe all of the excitement surrounding it.  Our schools were dismissing late so that the kids wouldn't be on buses and without direct adult supervision during the peak times and it worked out great because they got to enjoy it with their classes, teachers and friends! 


I hadn't planned very well and didn't have my own glasses (the school was providing them for the kids), but ended up getting some last minute and was so happy I did.  I went to the school to watch it with the girls' classes. It was totally different than what I was expecting, but totally cool!  



 Only 3rd - 5th grades were allowed outside during the eclipse, but all of the grades made a big deal about it. We sent in treats for the classes and the kids were encouraged to wear yellow for team sun or black for team moon.  When Hudson got out of school he could still see part of the eclipse happening and he loved it also!



I loved all the hype and excitement and hope it's something the kids will remember forever!


No comments: