Wednesday, August 5, 2015

First Day of School

I can hardly believe that we are half-way through our first week of school!  The girls had a great first day back and were both really excited.  So excited that they had trouble getting to sleep on Sunday night, but I remember I used to be the very same way.

We all woke up bright and early to get ready. Our bus time comes super early (6:52 AM!!!) so it is just getting light when we are heading that way.  The girls like the bus, but I might end up taking them some in the morning if it meant we could sleep 30 minutes more.



The night before school started they had picked out their outfits to wear and do their nails.  Obviously that meant painting them to match!  


I wasn't expecting to get teary when they got on the bus, but I did.  I just love having them home for the summer with me and even though they argue with each other and make me want to pull my hair out sometimes, I still miss them when they are gone.  I think the hardest part is sending them off and then waiting over 7 hours to see them again and hear about how their days went.  Thankfully I know they are on the bus with our neighbors and friends so they all have each other!


Thankfully, they both got off the bus all smiles and said they had great days.  Handley loves her teacher and has her best friend in her class, which definitely helped ease first day jitters.  She's also been telling me about some other sweet girls she has become friends with.  Harper loves her teacher and is slowing meeting some new friends.  She didn't have any girls in her class that she knew, but each day she has come home telling me about someone new, so I know it's only a matter of time before she will have some close friends in her class, too.

I'm excited for this school year. I can't really believe I have a 3rd grader and a 1st grader, but I know they will both do wonderful!

No comments: