Wednesday, July 29, 2015

Beach Trip {Day 2}

On our first full day we enjoyed sleeping in a bit and then got ready right away for the beach.  You'd think that would mean throwing on swimsuits and heading out the door. But, you'd be wrong.  It always takes longer than expected and although the kids were itching to get out there, I had to pack lunches, get the cooler ready, get everyone's sunscreen on, gather the beach toys we would use that day, make sure I had everyone's hats and sunglasses in my beach bag and a million other things.  I know all of the moms are nodding their head in agreement because we all do it, right?

By the time we finally got to the beach the kids were thrilled.  I sat in my chair and soaked up the sweet view in front of me.  I watched them play and play and play.  Seriously they had the best time and that continued all week long.  They hunted for shells, swam, we built sandcastles, boogie boarded and loved every second of the beautiful weather and gorgeous beach.

Harper could have spent the entire week in the sand hunting for shells.  If she kept up with the rate she was going on, there wouldn't have been any shells left by the end of the week.  


Hudson spent most of his day "surfing" like the other people he saw out in the ocean.  So many times he would get knocked over and tumble under a wave and I would hold my breath.  But he got up every time with a smile on his face and went right back for more.


Handley was the brave one who did it all.  She found shells, swam, dug holes and boogie boarded the day away.


After spending the day in the sun we got cleaned up and were ready for dinner.  We met up with all of my extended family that was in town and it was so nice to see everyone.  I did not take one picture at dinner, but did snap a few ahead of time on the porch before we left.

The kids were loving having Mimi and Dadaw with us all week long.  We don't see them often, but the times we do see them are wonderful!









No comments: