Wednesday, October 1, 2014

Puppy Love

This week is all about puppy love at our house.  Our sweet little Walker is doing great and adjusting awesome.  I was shocked by how easy the first few nights went and while I was totally prepared for him to whine and cry a lot, he only made a fuss for about 30 seconds and then was off to sleep.  


House training is going OK.  It rained all day one day and he did not like going out in the rain.  I have some good carpet cleaner though and I'm hoping he will continue to catch on.  Each day seems to be a little better, so we'll see. 


One thing is for sure - this puppy LOVES being outside.  He has so much fun running around, chasing the kids, chewing on sticks and trying to eat all of the leaves.  I think part of why he is having some accidents in the house is because when he is outside he wants to play, play, play instead of potty, potty, potty.  




Hudson likes to take his job of finding new sticks for Walker very seriously.  The two of them seem to have bonded right away.  Walker knows that Hudson is his playmate and loves to "wrestle" with him, roll balls, and squeak toys any chance he gets.

 Handley is my best helper these days.  She can be responsible enough to take him out and stay out there with him to be sure he's gone potty like he's supposed to.  She also loves playing with him and trying to "train" him to sit.



Harper is the one that has always been most timid around dogs.  She definitely doesn't want to pick him up or be held responsible for taking him out to potty, but she is helpful with things like filling up his water bowl and bringing training treats out for him.  Last night I asked if she wanted a picture with him and she did.  She's laughing because she said he was tickling her legs, but I just love how happy she looked holding him!


And then there is the mama.  I knew that most of the responsibility of getting a dog would fall on me and it has, but I am gladly doing it because I know it will get easier and eventually he won't pee on the floor, he'll sleep all night and will be a great walking partner and friend for me.  Now though, he's just a little baby and I'm enjoying treating him like one.  He curls up beside us on the couch, snuggles in my lap given the chance, and always gives sweet, slobbery kisses.


1 comment:

Julie, the mama said...

Oh my goodness, he is cute! Love how he will have a different relationship with each kid.