Saturday, June 14, 2014

First Dinner Guests

We were debating going to the lake this weekend, but with so much to be done at the house we decided to stick around here and knock out some of the things on our to-do list.  We worked hard all day and thankfully while we got things done the kids just played and played.  When we moved outdoors and started working outside I filled up the little pool for the kids and you would have thought they were in a huge swimming pool.  They played with dive sticks, had a cannon ball contest, and wore out the water guns.  I'm so thankful that they don't seem to mind too much that we haven't joined a pool yet.  :-)


After all our work was done, it was time to relax and have fun.  I was excited about having our first dinner guests at the new house who happened to be my BFF and her family.  It was low-key and laid back and it was the best night.  We grilled out, had cocktails on the porch, the kids played outside, we all caught lightening bugs and everyone stayed up way too late. I just kept thinking that it doesn't get much better.  It was the perfect summer night!



 One landed in Harper's hair and I was surprised she didn't flip out, but I guess there is something almost magical about lightening bugs.  She loved that it was making her hair "glow."


No comments: