Thursday, November 1, 2012

Origami Owl

A few months ago I was at a birthday party with the girls and got to talking to a friend about her necklace.  She introduced me to Origami Owl, a custom jewelry company that is still fairly new.  I was surprised I'd never heard about it before, but LOVED what I saw and knew immediately that I wanted one of these beautiful (and meaningful) necklaces for my birthday.  After looking at the catalog and website a little more, I fell in love with everything and instantly thought of at least 5 other women I wanted to give these to as gifts.  Well, one thing led to another and I am now selling this jewelry as an independent designer for Origami Owl!




There are several different lines, but my favorite, by far, is the "Living Lockets" line.  In a nutshell, you pick a locket and fill it with charms that have meaning to you.  Then you pick a chain and then you can even add fun pearl or crystal dangles or just leave it plain.


The thing I love about them is that it is all personalized.  It has meaning to the person wearing it, but can still look like a really trendy piece depending on what you add to it or how you wear it.  





I am LOVING my locket.  I wore it today and had at least 5 people comment on it or ask me about it.  Here is what mine looks like:




  • Large silver locket with crystals
  • Silver oval link chain 
  • "H" charm - all three of my kids' names begin with H
  • heart family charm - my family is my life
  • December stone - the month of mine and Robby's anniversary 
  • anchor - symbols boating/the lake to me - the activity our family enjoys together
  • flower - because I thought it looked pretty :-)
  • pearl and crystal dangles - I got a variety since they are easily clipped on and off. This way I can change it up to match just about anything I might wear.  

Those of you who know me well know I am not a pushy sales person kind of gal, but I do really love these products and that is why I wanted to share them with all of you.  With Christmas quickly approaching I think these would make awesome gifts for mothers, sisters, friends or basically any woman in your life.  If you'd like to see more, check out my website:


Or you can always email me and I can get a catalog to you and help you place an order.

No comments: