Tuesday, November 20, 2012

Coloring contest

Yesterday I was in the middle of getting my hair done, the house was a wreck with toys everywhere and I got a call that someone wanted to show the house in about 30 mins-1 hour. I told them if it was closer to an hour I could have us out of here.  Tricia finished up my highlights quickly, Handley and Harper cleaned up the upstairs and Jen helped me get the downstairs in order. We quarantined all of the kids on the back porch while I washed out my hair and got dressed and then we were out of here, just in the nick of time.  I'm not in a hurry to have to pack up and move out of our home, but I will be happy when all of these showings are behind us.

Since the showing was right a lunch time Jen and I decided to take the kids to Stevie B's.  Not only did we get to eat lunch and play the arcade games, but they also had a coloring contest game going on. I remember taking part in many coloring contests at local restaurants as a kid.  This was the girls' first one and Handley got really into it!  She worked so hard on her picture and was proud when they taped it up on the wall.  The sweet employee told her she might be the winner and that they would call the winner's mom that night.  The winner would get 25 free tokens to come back and play games with.  Last night and several times today Handley kept asking me if I had gotten a call yet, because she really, really, really hoped they picked her picture as the winner. :-)



Hudson and Parker got into the contest, too.  They weren't about to be left out.  Their pictures were also  taped up on the wall, which got me so ticked, for some reason.

They racked up on tickets and chose candy as most of their prizes.  The boys were both really unhappy when it was time to leave because they just loved pushing the buttons on the games and throwing the skee ball balls.


1 comment:

Julie, the mama said...

Is it bad that I got mad when the blog didn't end with, "Well, I got a phone call and she DID win the contest."

I mean, nobody could color a turkey any prettier than she did.

And your posts about showing your house are giving me chest pains. I am dreading that process when our house goes on the market in the spring.