Sunday, April 8, 2012

Happy Easter!!!


We had a wonderful Easter Sunday!  Last night I went to dinner and the movies with some girlfriends and by the time I got home, it technically was already Easter Sunday.  That meant I had to get to work overseeing the Easter Bunny duties of getting the baskets filled.  

This morning Handley was excited to check out what her basket contained.  Harper, on the other hand, was afraid to go downstairs because she was worried the Easter Bunny might still be there.  (Note- She did tell me that when she is 3, she will like the Chick-fil-a Cow and the Easter Bunny...I don't believe it. :-))

They had fun checking out their loot, which included sunglasses, matching nightgowns for the girls and their dolls, bubble bath, a new movie, princess notepads and glitter pens.  Hudson got some sunglasses and a bunch of yummy snacks he likes to eat.  

The girls and I went to church while Robby stayed home to watch Hudson, who was napping.  He still takes a morning nap, which is right during church and I'm not quite ready to leave him in the nursery yet, so for now it works for the girls to attend while the boys stay home.  
The girls sporting their new shades.

Jake and Reece were looking especially cute at church this morning and the girls wanted a quick picture with them.  

After church we came home, had lunch, and made our way to Gigi and Papa's house.  Apparently, the Easter Bunny had visited there too and left a treasure map with clues to find some special treats.  There were also eggs hidden everywhere that the girls got to go hunting for.  



The kids enjoyed playing outside in their new sand/water table, doing the "airplane" with Robby, and eating appetizers on the deck.  We ended the day with a delicious steak dinner before heading home and getting ready for bed.  




I'm sad spring break is over and the girls head back to school tomorrow, but we had a wonderful week together and I'm more ready for summer now than I was before!  

1 comment:

Jen said...

Oh my what a fun Easter! I love the treasure hunt idea. So cute! The kids all looked super adorable!

And OMG, look at all the egg hunt eggs!!! Good gracious!