Monday, February 8, 2010

Ballet Class

I've been thinking about signing Handley up for a ballet class sometime this spring.  Her friend, Grace, takes ballet at The Studio Atlanta Dance and today they had "dress-up day" and "bring-a-friend day" for her class!  Grace was sweet enough to invite Handley and she had been looking forward to it this morning.  She decided she wanted to wear a pink tutu for the class.  
This morning we were talking about the class and she kept telling me, "but I don't know how to do ballet."  I assured her the teacher would be nice and would show her what to do.  She did great!  She followed directions, listened to the teacher and danced her little heart out.  She's not the most graceful one, but she sure did have fun. :-)

I had to take pictures through the glass observation window, so that explains the quality...same thing with the video below, but you get the idea and besides, it was so cute I just had to share them. 

After the class she kept saying she wanted to go to ballet again so I think we'll definitely be signing her up for a class at our community center this spring and will go back to this studio starting in the fall.  

This video cracks me up.  She was trying so hard to follow the teacher.  The last jumping move you see her doing is supposed to be a chasse (galloping) across the floor. Too cute! 

5 comments:

Jason, Erin, Ella, and Colin said...

How fun! Maybe we should try the Smyrna Community Center's Ballet Class:) Let me know if you want to do it!

Erica said...

They sure did have fun! That was too cute. Glad you girls could join us today.

Renee said...

Oh my goodness...that is the sweetest video! She was trying sooo hard! She will be a great ballerina.

Kathy Mills said...

I LOVE it!!!!

Jennifer said...

Love it! Soooooo cute! I love the girls in their tutus! :)