Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Twinkle, Twinkle

Handley has become quite the song singer.  She walks around all day singing and loves to sing for Harper too.  If Harper is fussing or upset, Handley breaks out into song and makes her smile every time.  I've tried to get her on video singing , but she normally stops and doesn't want to cooperate.  Today I finally got Twinkle Twinkle in video.  I just love how she pronounces all of the words.    


And this cute little one has also become Miss Independent with a capital I!  Everything is, "I want to do it" or " I'll do it all by mineself!"  She can't stand for me to help her with anything and if, heaven forbid, if I do something for her we usually end up re-doing it (and taking 3 times as long).  Yesterday I was trying to get us out the door to get her to school on time.  I tried helping her put her boots on and she just about lost it.  She had to take her boots off and start from the beginning, all by herself.  Same thing with putting on her PJ's last night.  I forgot about her new found independence and zipped them up for her.  Big Mistake!  She threw a fit, reminded me that SHE wanted to do it, had to up-zip, take them off, and zip them all by herself.  Don't get me wrong, I like that she is able to do these things...dress herself, put her shoes on, open doors, get her own snack, etc., but it has also been a test of my patients.    

1 comment:

Jennifer said...

Awww, so cute! I loved her grand finale. :)