Saturday, November 7, 2009

DISNEY WORLD

On Wednesday, I celebrated my 29th birthday.  I wanted to take advantage of Disney's "get in free on your birthday" special and go with both the girls.  Robby was going to be in Orlando on business, so we tagged along with him and made a quick family vacation of it.  What made the trip even better was that Robby surprised me with a brand new fancy camera for my birthday and I got to take great pictures of our time there.  

We were only at Disney World for 1 day, but it was such a special day.  I loved seeing the magical experience through Handley's eyes.  She'd been talking about our trip for weeks and was so excited to be there. 


In front of Cinderella's castle

Inside the castle

She was quite the dare-devil and loved all the rides.  This didn't surprise me one bit.  As soon as we'd get off one ride, she'd be asking to ride it again or move on to the next one.  We got lucky with the time of year we were there because it wasn't a busy time and the lines were not bad at all.  The longest we waited was about 30 mins. for the dumbo ride, but everything else was between 5-10 mins., if that.  

Loving the carousel 
Harper thinking it is really fun too!
Daddy and Handley on the Dumbo ride

This picture is a little blurry (still figuring out my camera) but I just love it because it shows how excited she was.  Harper was asleep so I stayed with her while Robby and Handley rode the spinning tea-cup ride.  They were the first in line and as soon as the gate opened she went running to pick out her tea-cup. 
Waiting for the ride to start

Driving the racecars

Her first roller coaster ride!  I wasn't sure she would be tall enough for this ride.  Although it was a kid roller coaster, it seemed kind of scary.  However, she was tall enough and loved it! 

Handley was excited to see all of the characters.  When I went to Disney as a child (over 20 years ago) the characters would walk around the park and you could meet them that way.  Now, you wait in line at a specific location for the different characters.  I'd heard stories of having to wait forever, but our lines were so quick...less that 10 mins for the princesses!  Handley was so funny because as she went up to each princess she would tell them, "you are on my dress" and would point them out.  
Hugging Sleeping Beauty
Smiling with Belle 
Posing with Cinderella

All of us

We had such a wonderful time and I can't wait to go back!  

3 comments:

Stacey said...

Oh, I can't wait to take the kids! It looks like y'all had a great time! So, what kind of camera did you get?!?!

LORI said...

We're going in April...so there were lots of rides she could do? I figured there would be since it's Disney, but ya never know! What about Harper? Could she do stuff? Bree will 8 months when we go.

The Dillards said...

Jealous. I love Disney. It was the best honeymoon destination because they do cater to making your special occasions special.