Thursday, December 4, 2008

Obsessed...

would be a perfect word to describe how I feel about the books I've been reading. My friend, Stacey, convinced me to read Twilight by Stephenie Meyer and I am SO happy that she did! It is now officially my FAVORITE book!!! I heard about the book a year or so ago, but was kind of turned off by the subject (vampires). Let me just say that it is not only about vampires...it is the BEST love story ever. :-) I read the 500+ pages in only 3 days and I was sure that I didn't have time to read. It kept me up at night, kept me from emailing, blogging (obviously) and anything else I usually do during my free time (AKA- when Handley is asleep). Yes, it is that good. I'm telling everyone I know about it because I don't want to be the only one feeling the way I do. I just finished the second book, New Moon, last night. It wasn't as great as the first, but it is also 500+ pages and I also read it in 3 days. Now I'm sitting on pins and needles waiting for book #3. I should have it any day now. Usually, when I read a non-parenting book it takes me forever to get through and I don't think about it after I put it down. However, I find myself thinking of the characters in this series throughout my day...I think that is an obsession, don't you?

If anyone has read it, please let me know I'm not the only one that feels this way so I won't think I'm crazy! And, for those of you who haven't read it, but like to read, go get it and get ready to be hooked. :-)

10 comments:

Allison D said...

My friends at work are completely obsessed with the Twilight books too. They say they are in love with Edward like teenage girls.

I haven't read them...but I've been wondering if I should just to see what the fuss is all about.

Jason, Erin, Ella, and Colin said...

We just picked it as our next book club book, so I will be reading it soon!! I can't wait!!

Sarah West said...

I've read them all and loved them! You're not alone!!!

Stacey said...

Well, obviously, you know I'm right there with you. Where did you find that picture to post? My picture keep disappearing so I want to put a new one up!

Katie Jones said...

I ordered it last night... can't wait for it to come in!

Amy said...

As soon as I finish the book I'm currently reading, I plan to start Twilight but like you I was turned off about Vampires but have heard nothing but rave reviews and am curious about all the hype! I'll probably get to it during Christmas break.

Unknown said...

:) You already know where I am at with all this...from all the reviews it sounds like I will soon be part of the Twilight obsession too!

Unknown said...

i have heard about the series but i was turned off by the thought of vampires too. i just might have to go get it if you say its that good!!

the mckechnies said...

so happy to hear you love it! i think i'm about to get sucked in, too. :) like you, i wasn't super interested at first - the "young adult" categorization and the vampire thing just didn't seem like my bag. but absolutely everyone loves them, so i think i'll be next... :)

The Nardello's said...

You are too funny! I actually blogged about this exact topic Nov. 25th! And yes, I am beyond obsessed! I just finished the last book in the series a few days ago and feel so sad that it's over! Can't wait to hear how you like books 3 and 4 - the series only gets better and better! Enjoy!