Monday, May 23, 2016

Hudson's Last Day of School

Last week was Hudson's last week of school.  His fun teachers planned special activities all week long for his class and they started off the week with sports day!  Each student got to wear their favorite sports team shirt or jersey and of course Hudson picked his UGA jersey.  Also on this day he got to sing some of his end of the year songs in chapel.  All of the kids going to the young fives program next year performed their songs in a special ceremony and I loved hearing him sing!  



Tuesday was PJ day and Wednesday was Wacky Day.  He was most excited about wacky day and in fact he had planned his outfit for this day on the weekend.  He was so excited to wear his "pull up socks" and his shirt inside out.


On Thursday morning, his last day of school, he woke up with a high fever and just really didn't feel like himself.  I had to make him stay home from school, but he was really disappointed that he had to miss.  He rallied mid-morning and I took him to his class party just long enough to give his teacher's their gifts and wish them a happy summer.  They were so great for him this year.  He always loved school, but they really thought him to love to learn and for that I will be forever grateful.  They sparked something in him that I hope will continue!


Poor thing. His rally didn't last long.  A few hours later I knew it was too quiet and when I went to look for him I found him like this.


The next day I ended up taking him to the doctor and it turns out he had strep!  I hated he had to miss his last day of school, but was happy that it was an easy fix and after 24 hours on antibiotics he was filling much better!

No comments: