Monday, November 1, 2010

Potty

We had a pretty fantastic Monday.  After dropping Handley off at school Harper and I ran a few errands and met up with my BFF Jen for lunch.  She happened to be in our neck of the woods so we met at the mall.  I had a gift card I'd been wanting to use for some shoes.  Harper loved running around the aisles and was a great shopping partner.  That girl loves any type of bags and she didn't miss a beat when we walked by the handbags on the way to the register.  She picked one up, slung it over her arm, and was ready to go.


Next it was on to the food court and as we were approaching the Chick-fil-a counter Jen and I both realized that it was November 1st.  That could only mean one very exciting thing...THEY'RE BACK!!!  Peppermint Chocolate Chip Milkshakes, that is.  Yum, yum, yum.  This made my day. :-)  If you haven't tried it, you should.


The past few days Harper has become obsessed with the potty.  She wants to climb up on it every time she sees it.  This afternoon when she kept trying to climb up with Handley I decided to run into the basement and bring up the little potty.  She sat there for a good 5 minutes and was mad at me when I made her put her diaper back on.  I have NO intentions of potty training her right now and I really do not think she is ready, but if she wants to sit on it, then sit she will.  The funniest thing is that she kept getting  toilet paper, standing up, putting it in the potty, and sitting back down again.  The cuteness wore off when Handley tattled on Harper and let me know she'd gone through an entire roll.  Harper sitting on the potty just tickles Handley to death.  After she was done using the restroom she pulled up a stool and offered to sit beside Harper.  Those two are a hoot.


This afternoon we soaked up the fabulous weather at the neighborhood playground and enjoyed tacos for dinner (which are always a crowd pleaser in our house).  I'm so thrilled with the way Handley and Harper play together now and love how well they get along and entertain each other.  It was a pretty amazing day!

3 comments:

Jason, Erin, Ella, and Colin said...

I am so excited about peppermint milkshakes!!!!

Alison LeBlanc said...

I'll have to try one of those milkshakes! It's fun seeing the siblings play together...unfortunately my two love nothing more than wrestling with each other...already!

Julie, the mama said...

Might be one of my favorite pictures yet. Love those two girls sitting on the potty together. Definitely put that in the pile for possible Rehearsal Dinner Slideshow pictures.