Wednesday, August 26, 2009

We got a SNEAK-PEEK...

...at Handley's pre-school classroom this morning!  She will be going two days a week from 9-1 starting next week and until today I was excited and nervous for her at the same time. However, after going today I'm just excited (no more nervousness).  We talked about her going to school all morning and when we got in the car to go I was explaining that today I get to go with her, but next week she will go all by herself with her teachers.  She kept saying, "no Mommy go to school, I go by myself."  I was shocked, but happy to hear her say that. :-)  

As we walked in we were greeted by the wonderful pre-school director and bought our school tote bag (which Handley does not want to put down).  She got to meet her teachers, Mrs. Deborah and Mrs. Jennifer, both who seem very sweet and super nice.   She was a little shy at first, but seemed to enjoy look around the classroom.  In the short time we were there she got to play with playdough, found the baby dolls, books and other toys, and kid-sized sink (which I can already tell you is going to be one of her favorite things...she loves to wash her hands) and use the potty connected to her classroom.  I kept asking her if she was ready to go home and she kept telling me that she wanted to play more so that was a good sign. 

I can't believe she is going to be heading off to school next week, but think she is really going to have a blast.  I'm excited about this new phase too.  When I taught Pre-K and 1st grade I had wonderful parent involvement and quickly realized how valuable parent volunteers were.  I've already signed up to help out with all the class parties and also volunteered to be the room-mom!  Love it!!!

Handley posing with her new tote bag (the other side has her name and the name of the preschool) I had no idea the bags would be red, but I'm glad we were so color coordinated!
With her teachers, Mrs. Jennifer and Mrs. Deborah. 
Playing in her new classroom. 

3 comments:

Renee said...

I can't wait to see how she does!! She is going to love it! And you are probably going to love that few hours of down time. I am still trying to figure out what to do with those few hours!!

Allison D said...

How exciting and fun to see your little girl growing up!

Atkinson Family said...

Great pictures! I am so excited for Handley!!! She looks so comfortable!