Sunday, August 16, 2009

Harper - 4 months



I am loving this age so much.  I remember when Handley was little I would say, "this is my favorite age" and then sure enough, another month would pass and I'd say it again.  It just gets better and better.  

At 4 months Harper:
  • has become a thumb sucker!  She still takes her paci in the carseat and stroller, but at at night and for naps in her crib she will knock the paci right out and fall asleep sucking her thumb. 
  • is STTN (sleeping through the night) and sleeps about 10-11 hours although one night on vacation this past week she slept 13 hours!!! 
  • sleeps completely unswaddled (not sure why I was so worried to take her out of the swaddle...I think it is just what she needed to sleep better at night). 
  • Drools like crazy and needs a bib on unless I feel like changing her outfit 3-4 times a day.  I hate covering up her cute outfits, but I know this phase will pass soon. 
  • loves to stand up.
  • takes 3 naps a day (although I think she may be ready to go down to two soon) and sometimes needs a short little cat-nap right around dinner time.
  • thinks she is so big and loves watching Handley and her friends play
  • is very social, will smile and flirt with anyone
  • has a great giggle and laugh
  • is beginning to grasp toys well and brings them to her mouth
  • still has bright blue eyes (yea!!!) and curly hair that doesn't seem to be falling out at all!!!

1 comment:

Jennifer said...

Aw...she is growing way too fast! I love that she sucks her thumb now...that is just too cute!