Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Many, many thanks...

I just had the best 5 days in a row that I can remember for a very long time. My mom was in town from early Thursday morning to late last night and I loved EVERY SINGLE MINUTE of her time with us. The last time she and my dad were here was in January and she knew that she didn't want to wait until April to see Handley. As it was, Handley had already changed so much and was talking WAY more than the last time they were here.

I had a very long to-do list of things I hoped to accomplish while I had my mom's help. I got everything done including:

*running errands and doing little things around the house
*packing my hospital bag
*sewing and painting a lot of baby gifts for friends
*making and freezing about 12 meals to have after Harper arrives
*sewing a sling to use for Harper
*making a "Big Sis" shirt for Handley to wear to the hospital

I feel SO much better knowing everything is done and ready for our newest addition. I never could have gotten it all done without my mom.

Handley also loved having her here. I really enjoy watching the two of them together and feel like they have such a special bond. I really learn so much from my mom. She teaches me how to be a better mother myself. She never gets upset or frustrated with Handley and thinks of all kinds of fun activities and games to do with her. She has a heart of gold and the patients of a saint. No wonder Handley loves her so much!

Every time my parents come visit I'm reminded of how much I miss them and how I really wish they lived closer. Handley and I were both sad to drop her off at the airport last night, but I just had to keep reminding myself that it will only be a month and she and my dad will be back for Harper's birth.

Mom~ Thank you for all of your help this weekend. We love you and can't wait to see you again soon!!!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

How did your sling turn out?

Carrie Beth said...

It turned out great. I'm excited to use it with her!