Saturday, February 21, 2009

Girls Weekend

Robby left early this morning for a bachelor party. A group of friends were going skeet shooting and then having a big camp out somewhere in north GA. Not my idea of fun (especially when it's supposed to be in the 20's tonight), but hey - to each his own.

Handley had I had a fun girls day. This morning we ran some errands and did a little shopping. We met Jen for lunch, and then had a great afternoon at home and at the playground. Handley was having so much fun playing with her baby dolls, new bottles, and pacis (see post below for more details) you would have thought Santa just brought a new sleigh full of toys. Every time I suggested a nap she would beg me, "Haney pay, Haney pay" and then would run to the far corner of the room. Translation - Handley wants to play so badly and there is no way I'm going to settle down for a nap. SO, I did something I've never done before and totally let her skip a nap. Before you think I'm a bad mom, you should all know this...she normally only naps 2-3 days a week as it is. The other days she just hangs out in her crib and plays for about an hour. I figured her playing in the playroom or playing in the crib wasn't really going to make much of a difference.

Tonight we went with our friends Sheila and Addyson to Chick-fil-A. Sheila's husband is a DJ so he was working tonight. The girls had a great time together. The loved getting to ride in the car together and play after dinner. The moms had fun too...it was way better than sitting at home by ourselves.

Handley and Addy holding hands in the car...so sweet!

Playing at Chick-fil-A


You can tell Handley takes after her mommy and LOVES Chick-fil-A's lemonade (which is what was in her sippy cup)


We've had fun, but can't wait for Robby to get back tomorrow afternoon. Tomorrow evening we are touring Northside Hospital, where Harper will be born. I'm so excited! Only about 7 or 8 more weeks until her big arrival!

No comments: