Friday, February 13, 2009

Baby Noah

This week I started helping out a friend by watching her son a few days a week while she searches for a nanny replacement. He is 12 weeks old and just the sweetest little boy. It has been a really good situation for all of us. My friend has some extra time to interview and search for the perfect nanny, Handley gets used to having a baby in the house and having to "share" my time, and I get practice taking care of a toddler and an infant.

I couldn't have dreamed that Handley would do better than she has. She absolutely LOVES having "Baby Noah" around and is such a big helper. It makes me SO happy to know that she is going to be a great big sister when Harper arrives. She helps me change his diaper, hold his bottle, shows him toys, holds his paci, etc. She can't stand when he is upset and doesn't like when he's sleeping either (because she wants to be playing with him).
Here she is on the first morning...checking him out from afar.
And today, wanting to be as close as she can to him!

She's been such the little mommy this week. She puts her baby dolls in the swing, bouncy seat, etc. and tries to copy everything I do. Today when I put Noah on a blanket with some toys she ran to get a blanket, her baby and toys for her baby too. How cute is that?!?!?

In this picture, she had just watched me swaddle Noah and rock/sway him to sleep. She's copying me and doing the same thing with her baby.

I even got to use my new stroller for the first time today!

4 comments:

Katie Jones said...

Oh my gosh, these pictures are too cute! Aren't you so relieved that Handley's so comfortable with a baby around? It looks like she's going to be a great big sis!

Mrs. Nicole Haddad said...

How cute...everyone's getting practice. Handley is so sweet. Love the stroller. How's the pregnancy going?

Kristen said...

This might be the cutest thing I've ever read and seen.

the mckechnies said...

these pictures are adorable...i LOVE LOVE LOVE the one of her with the baby swaddled while she's rocking it. precious!