Saturday, September 27, 2008

Mommy's Little Helper

I had a post titled the same thing a few months ago, but it is so true. Handley loves to help me out around the house.

Here she is helping me plant our fall flowers:


And here she is helping me put away the dishes. I give her the tupperware (since that is the only cabinet on her level that doesn't have a child lock on it) and she goes straight to the tupperware cabinet, opens it up, puts in the tupperware, then closes the cabinet.


She's gotten really good a picking up her toys. Every time we leave the room to go do something else all I have to say is, "clean up your toys...put them in the basket" and she starts cleaning them up! I can't believe it, but I LOVE it. Her cleaning up and putting things in their place has spilled over to other things as well. Every evening we spread a big sheet out in the front yard and we sit and play. Well, I guess I sit and she plays. Anytime a piece of pine straw or a leaf gets onto the blanket she is very particular to pick it up and put it back in the yard. I wish I had the video camera out when she was trying to get a leaf off the driveway. It blew onto the driveway from the yard, so she picked it up and put it back in the yard. However, it was a windy evening and it kept blowing onto the driveway. She kept putting it back in the yard and was starting to get frustrated when it wouldn't stay there. It was really funny to watch.

Just because, here is a cute picture of Handley and her friend Avery (who she calls "A-dey"). They had a blast playing in the balls together!

No comments: