Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Feels like Fall

I love this time of year. The weather has really cooled off this week and it has made me really look forward to the season change. I love seeing the leaves turn beautiful shades of red, yellow, and orange. I also love that it is the beginning of the holidays with Halloween, Thanksgiving, and Christmas. Earlier this week I got out all of our fall decorations and now our house is full of pumpkins, deep orange candles, scents of cinnamon and spice. Handley keeps running around the house, pointing to all of the pumpkins and I can tell she's excited about the fall too.

I found an idea for making these cute fabric pumpkins and decided to give it a try. I love the way they turned out.

If anyone is interested, the instructions are on another blog I read on a regular basis. http://bloggingwithholly.blogspot.com/2008_08_01_archive.html (about 1/2 way down, the post is titled "Passionate about Pumpkins."

One funny story...I put a long sleeve shirt on Handley yesterday morning and she did not like it. I really didn't think about the fact that she hadn't worn long sleeves in about 5 months. She kept pulling the sleeves and saying "off, off!" Who knows what she'll do when I try to put a coat on her?!?!?

5 comments:

Stacey said...

I need to tell you how you can link to other sites from your blog. That way you can link to wherever you want to without having to type out the web address.

Unknown said...

My niece did the same thing with long sleeves. It was hilarious!

Kathy Mills said...

I love those pumpkins. I knew you'd make them look good:-) I sure wish the weather would change here. We are still melting away down here! Maybe we need to make another trip north?:-)

Jason, Erin, Ella, and Colin said...

So cute! I love decorating for fall too!! I am so ready for the change in season! We need to set up a playdate soon; we miss you guys!

The Clark Family said...

Ok, so Owen did the same thing with the long sleeves, yanking at them and whining!! And today mommy put pants on him, boy was he mad!!!