Thursday, November 24, 2016

A few days in NC

Since the kids are off school all week for Thanksgiving I decided to take them to NC for a few days to visit family!  

On Sunday we spent the day with my dad.  We went to lunch over at the beach and had a great view of the water and some pretty amazing boats.  


Then we decided to go bowling!  It was really cold and we wanted something fun indoors.  It was Hudson's first time bowling and he loved it. We all had fun!


After bowling we let them play a few of the arcade games, which they loved!



Sunday afternoon we walked on the dock and enjoyed just relaxing with my mom.


She even pulled out some of our old clothes and Hudson took over this hat that used to belong to my brother!


Sunday night we went to dinner at a new place owned by some of my family. It was SO good.  The girls loved trying Cheerwine (a NC soft drink) served in a glass bottle.


They also had fun playing tic-tac-toe and being silly with Uncle Cameron.




My mom took the kids over to the beach on Monday to find shells and take a walk.  I stayed at the house and took a nap!



We came back to Atlanta so that we had time to get ready for hosting Thanksgiving, but it was a great visit and I'm happy that we got a few days there.  Now we can't wait for Christmas!  It will be here before we know it and we'll be heading back to Wilmington for a few days then! 




No comments: