Saturday, October 3, 2015

School Week Fun

Hudson is just doing amazing at school.  Before he started this year he really had no interest in writing his letters or learning to write his name and I hadn't pushed it. His teacher has really lit a fire under him though and he is learning so much!  He can write his name now and he loves practicing writing the letter of the week they are studying.  He gets excited when he has "extra practice" at home and calls it is homework just like the girls have.  I'm so proud of the progress he has made this year so far.


This week at school Hudson's class had a Wild West theme.  On Thursday they got to dress up like cowboys and cow girls and to say that he was excited about it would be an understatement.  He had been asking for some boots and I bought him a pair a while back, but they have been sitting in his closet waiting for cooler weather.  When I told him he would get to wear them to school he could not contain his excitement.  On Thursday morning he woke up and put on his boots and hat with his pajamas before he even came downstairs.  They had such a fun day.  They had a pretend campfire and also got to have s'mores.

That afternoon we kept one of my friends' kids for a few hours and had so much fun. Hudson loved having a playmate for the afternoon and I loved having a full car full of kids.





This week I also surprised the girls with a visit at lunch.  They had been asking for me to come have lunch with them, but the past few weeks have just been so busy and their lunch times are either really early or really late so sometimes it just doesn't work out with my schedule.  However, this was the week and they were so happy to have me there!






No comments: