Tuesday, June 5, 2012

Movie Night

Handley filled up her marble jar and wanted to have a movie night with Avery.  She came over and played, had dinner with us, got on PJ's and watched a Strawberry Shortcake movie (complete with milkshakes and popcorn).






The girls all had fun and we only had one minor mishap during the evening.  That happened when our iron fell off the ironing board and landed right on Harper's head!  It wasn't turned on and was just sitting on the board, but it must have fallen just right.  I was downstairs changing Hudson's dirty diaper and the next thing I knew, Harper was crying.  She cries over anything so I was taking my time getting to her.  Then I heard Handley and Avery calling to me that Harper was really hurt and when I got to her all I saw was a lot of blood on her head and face.  Thankfully, I'm not one to freak out about things like this, but I couldn't tell where it was bleeding from so I was obviously concerned.  The big girls did a good job babysitting Hudson for me while I tended to Harper.  After cleaning her up I discovered it was a small cut on her head and it stopped bleeding, which was good.  Robby was on his way home at the time, so I sent him this picture and asked him what he thought.



We determined she was OK and didn't need stitches. As we were looking at it closely again later and trying to clean it some more, Harper was laughing and saying it tickled her head instead of crying, so I knew she was OK.

EDITED TO ADD:  I forgot a sweet story about Harper getting hurt.  Last night while I was putting Handley to bed she asked me how much money it cost to buy medicine.  I asked her why and she said she wanted to see how much money she had in her piggy bank and she thought that "we could go to CVS in the morning so I can get some head medicine for Harper and help her to feel better."  Talk about a sweet big sister!  I told her that if we needed any medicine for her that we would buy it and she could save her money, but I loved that she was offering.  She said that instead she would make her a picture and give her some candy because "she really likes candy."  This morning, Handley woke up before Harper and I and the first thing she asked me for was a gift bag.  I got one for her and after I heard Harper wake up she came running in my room to show me the present Handley had given her...a picture and candy!  She was thrilled!

3 comments:

Julie, the mama said...

Sweet, precious Harper. OH MY GOSH, I think I'm handling it worse than she did. So, so, so glad she didn't have to get stitches on that pretty little head!

And yay for movie night. And filling up jars with marbles!

Stefanie said...

Poor thing. And what a sweet big sister! Miss you guys! Can't wait to see you this weekend!

Ashleigh Finger said...

What sweet sisters! I hope Cohen & Kate will be like that. Right now Cohen is like a bully to her:)