Sunday, June 3, 2012

Boat Campout

I feel like such a slacker when it comes to the blog.  It isn't because we haven't been having lots of fun.  Mostly it's because I've been really bad about taking pictures with my real camera because it's hard to juggle that and a squirmy baby at the same time.  We are just loving our laid back summer routine.  Last week I think I only put on make-up and real clothes once because the other days we were at the pool. All three kids are loving the water and I have practically had to drag them away from there because they don't want to leave.

This weekend we were at the lake.  I think we broke our own record and spent over 9 hours out on the water.



You would have thought they would have had enough of the boat.  Not for this crazy crew.  Robby had promised the girls they could go camping on the boat and that's exactly what they did.  They had their sleeping bags, a tarp to cover the boat and make a "tent" out of the boat, and also the ipad to watch a movie.  They were so excited to tell me about it this morning when they got back to the house and Robby said they did great all night.



This afternoon we got to celebrate Avery's 5th birthday!  The girls were so excited to go to her party and all day Handley kept telling me that she just couldn't believe Avery was 5.  I can't either because she and Handley have been friends since before they were 1 and 5 just sounds so grown up!  Only a few more weeks and we'll be celebrating Handley's big 5th birthday.


1 comment:

Julie, the mama said...

Ok, I'd be willing to bet the farm those girls will remember the boat campout when they are old ladies! HOW COOL!