Thursday, May 19, 2011

End of Year Ceremony

Tonight we attended Handley's pre-school end of the year program.  The 3 year old classes sang 3 songs on stage including her favorites, Jesus in the Morning and He's Got the Whole World in His Hands.  All week long Handley has been telling Harper "rules" about the performance such as 1)You can't pull your dress up, 2) Keep your hands out of your mouth and face, 3) Don't put your hands in your pockets, 4) Don't suck your thumb, etc.  She also wanted me to be sure that Harper didn't do any of those things.  I'm sure these are the things her teachers have been telling them about the performance and I thought it was so cute that she wanted to pass along that info to Harper.  

Parents were allowed to move to the front of the sanctuary as their kids performed.  I was happy to have a front row seat, but Handley got sort of distracted at times she was so happy to see us right there.  We all watched proudly as Handley and her classmates sang their songs, did their dances, and smiled so big that I thought she might burst.  Harper was so excited to see Handley up on stage and I could tell she was proud of her big sister as she clapped and cheered after every song.  



If you'd like to watch a little clip from one of their songs follow the link here: http://youtu.be/kFcFg9WXHHA



Handley and one of her classmates after the show

3 comments:

Julie, the mama said...

CUTENESS, CUTENESS EVERYWHERE! I bet her smile lit up that whole sanctuary! So cute.

Stefanie said...

Love how excited Handley looks when she saw you guys. Great family picture too! I can't believe Handley's almost 4!

Erica said...

That is too cute and I love the family pic!