Wednesday, May 18, 2011

"All I can think about is food"

Handley is definitely going through a growth spurt.  For the past few weeks she has been eating A LOT.  Last night before bed she told me she was still hungry so I let her come downstairs and have a snack before heading back to bed.  Tonight she tried to pull the same thing over me.  Thinking she just wanted to stay up past bedtime I told her she should have eaten more dinner and that it would be breakfast time as soon as she woke up.  She wasn't thrilled with that answer, but seemed to be trying to go to sleep.  I did a few things around the house, took a shower, and went back to check in on the girls thinking they were both asleep.  Handley popped up as soon as I opened her door.  When I asked her why she wasn't asleep she answered, "All I can think about is food...I'm STARVING!!!"  I don't know why, but her answer just got me so tickled and I couldn't stop laughing.  I let her come downstairs and she ate a hand-full of crackers and a bowl of watermelon and a cheese stick. I wasn't sure if she would stop but after she finished her cheese she announced that she was done, was going to brush her teeth, and go back to bed.


Our week has been pretty uneventful so far, but it's about to get really busy.  Tomorrow is the last day of school and starts all of the end-of-the-year festivities.  Handley is so excited about summer and getting to stay home with Harper and I everyday.  We're pretty excited about it too!

3 comments:

Julie, the mama said...

Gosh, that just got me so tickled that tears are running down my face right now. I can so relate.

Renee said...

So cute! All I can think about it food and I am not growing...at least I don't want to be! Ha! You are a sweet mom for letting her get up to eat!

Erica said...

That is too funny! Unfortunately, I too, can relate.