Monday, July 27, 2009

Nothing says summer...

...like popsicles and bare feet in the grass.  That's exactly what Handley and her friend Avery did today.  I helped my friend Tiara complete her first sewing project and the girls had a blast running around in the backyard and playing together while we sewed.  I love the exciting feeling when I complete a project and was so happy to get to share that since of accomplishment with someone else.  If you want to see some pics of her completed project and of the girls eating their popsicles check out Tiara's blog here.  



3 comments:

Katie Jones said...

How did you get the girls to play so independently while you sewed? That never happens for me! The shower curtain looks great. I love the mini schnauzer, too!

Jennifer said...

Adorable!

Love the new shower curtain Tiara! Great job!

Carrie Beth said...

Katie - This was the FIRST time ever I've been able to sew (or help someone else) while Handley is up. Usually I have to do it during her nap or after she goes to bed. However, having a friend to play with made all the difference in the world. They kept each other entertained so we could get stuff done. Mind you, we did have to stop and referee a little, clean up messes, take them to the potty, have snack breaks, etc., but overall they did really well playing together and independently of us.