Tuesday, July 7, 2009

4th of July Weekend

For the 4th of July this year we made the 7 hour road trip to Wilmington, NC to see my parents and extended family.  Being in the car with a 2 year old and a 2 1/2 month old for 7-8 hours was not fun.  However, we were excited to finally be there and to enjoy a nice long holiday weekend.  
Handley doing a sparkler for the first time.  She really had fun, but I was really nervous that she was going to catch her dress on fire!
We spent a lot of time at the beach while we were there and Handley had a blast!   

Mommy and her girls...all ready for dinner. 


Handley and Blythe (my cousin's little girl) had fun playing together.

Memaw (my mom's mom) and Harper on the beach

Handley with Mimi and Dadaw

Harper did WONDERFUL on the beach.  She slept a while each day in a beach chair and loved hearing the sounds of the ocean and feeling the sea breeze. 

Snoozing on the beach

Mimi and Harper

Sporting her shades
She slept better on our trip than she ever has...even slept through the night 10.5 hours one night.  I guess we were on the go and it wore her out.  Here she is napping one morning with her Daddy. 

2 comments:

Atkinson Family said...

Looks like you guys had a wonderful trip! I know your family was glad to have all of you!!! Next years drive might be easier :)

Katie Jones said...

What great pictures! I love the last one of Harper and Robby... sleeping with a baby on my chest is one thing I miss about the infant stage! I love how Handley holds hands with all the other kids - too cute.