Wednesday, May 17, 2017

Home Run Hudson

Hudson had a great baseball season this spring and sadly it has come to an end.  He loves baseball so much and it has been so fun of me to see him really excel and something he loves. 


He is always wanting to practice and begs me to throw with him or pitch to him daily.  We spent a lot of time in our driveway practicing and also at the batting cages.  His goal was to hit a home run this seasons and last weekend his dream came true!  


 The very first pitch at his very first at bat during one the tournament games he knocked one so are that it ended up at the very edge of the fence in right field. As soon as he hit it I thought it might be a foul, but when I realized it was good I was hopping this would be his chance.  He ran his little heart out and rounded the bases and his coaches were sending him on to home plate.  As he was running from third to home I swear I saw him look over at the stands and give a big smile.  Robby and I both jumped up to run over and tell him congrats!


He told us later that when he got to third he was thinking "the time as finally come" for his big home run and he told me on the way home that, "It feels really good to hit a home run!"

The next day was his last game and it happened to fall on Mother's Day. It only seemed appropriate since we'd spent so much time together, just he and I, working to help him get better all season long. He loves baseball and I love watching him do something he loves and that he is really good at!



As soon as the baseball game was over we made our way to see Harper's second soccer game of the day!  A day filled with sports was the very best way to spend my Mother's Day and I wouldn't have planned it any differently! 



No comments: